Altitude should be a place where everyone can enjoy themselves. Keep everyone in mind when you do something, and avoid behavior that would make others feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. As destructoid.com summed it up: be excellent to each other.
- Keep it civil. Potentially sensitive topics (like politics, religion, and sex) are allowed in public chats as long as there is no hateful, inflammatory, or harassing language. Remember: criticize the ideas, not people.
- Choose Your (Curse) Words Wisely. Don’t use profanity randomly for no reason, don’t use it in almost every message you send, and don't use it to be insulting, antagonizing, or inflaming.
- Follow the 50/100 claiming rule: you may claim up to 50 blocks beyond the furthest point of your build, and you must claim at least 100 blocks away from other players. Don’t claim unnecessarily large areas, don’t claim things just to sell them, and don't claim land you don’t plan to build on. Due to players trying to place just a few blocks to claim land, it is up to staff discretion if a build is significant enough to justify a claim.
Don't be a Jerk
Altitude is a community-centric server and a place for everyone to play together! We do not allow any behavior that intentionally hurts others. Never do anything to purposely be upsetting, insulting, or annoying to anyone else on our services.
- Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed.
- Respect other's builds! You may take resources from unclaimed builds, claim them as your own, or even completely remove them - but please avoid making things unecessarily ugly. Please do not "grief" builds (damage with intent to harm), don't leave unneeded towers in the world, etc. Also, do not break railroads - they cannot be easily claimed and should never be destroyed.
- Finally, never steal from another player after they’ve just died or set something down.
A game isn’t much fun if it’s pay-to-win. That same concept applies to cheating-to-win. The challenge of survival is what makes it fun, please don’t ruin the fun for everyone else!
- Altitude is a “PvP free” server. This means you should never kill another player unless they have toggled PvP on and agreed to battle first! Additionally, you should return all items unless an agreement otherwise is made beforehand. Never use any means of bypassing PvP protection such as player traps, lava, fire, and pushing players into deadly items.
- Never scam other players. Do not attempt to trick others during item trades or economy transactions.
- Alternate (“alt”) accounts are generally not allowed. We may approve their use on a case-by-case basis. Using an alt account to bypass a punishment can result in a longer ban.
Hacks and Mods Policy
Any hack or mod that gives you an unfair advantage in the game is not allowed. Additionally, most vanilla exploits are allowed – unless they give you materials you are not supposed to have (such as duplication glitches). Exploiting any non-vanilla features (our plugins) is prohibited. You may use any mods that fit into the categories below.
We allow modifications in the following categories:
- Mods that improve client performance (Optifine)
- Minimaps, as long as it doesn't show anything you can't normally see (caves, dungeon locations, etc.)
- Aesthetic modifications that do not give you an unfair advantage or change gameplay (Shaders)
- Inventory management systems, such as automatic organization
- Mods for recording gameplay (ReplayMod)
- The Schematica mod (auto-build feature is prohibited)
- Armor and status HUDs (as long as info shown is accessible in vanilla)
- Macros (setting certain actions to specific buttons)
Creators are awesome! Creators leaching off of others to promote their own work are not. You may share content you've created as long as you are not using our services merely as a means of promoting your own content. We may deny an individual from promoting their work if we feel this is being abused.
Never promote other Minecraft servers, Realms, or Discord servers in any of our public chats. You may share this type of content in a private message, but only if the recipient requested the information first
Do Not Impersonate Staff
Do not impersonate staff members or portray yourself as one when you are not. It is ok to share the rules with others, but please do not try to force others to follow them - reach out to a staff member if you need help.
Do not make "official" Altitude products or events without approval first. If you make something related to Altitude please make sure it's clear that it is not an official Altitude thing. We cannot moderate unofficial things and cannot be responsible for what happens related to them!
Reducing Lag: It is up to everyone on the community to help keep lag to a minimum. There are many factors that cause lag and you can read about them here. If we find something on the server that is causing a problem with lag (such as large animal farms or grinders) we may have to shut it down.
AFK Grinding: Bypassing the automatic AFK system is prohibited. Additionally, leaving your game unattended while sitting near a mob spawner, or any other automated system, ("AFK grinding") is not allowed. You may use automated grinders as long as you are present while using them.
Mob Restrictions: We have a system in place to restrict the number of mobs that can be in a certain area (more info here). Please do not try to circumvent this system. Additionally, mob grinder holding chambers must be either 1x1 or 1x2 blocks in size.
English Only: Please only use English in public chats. We are unable to moderate discussion in other languages and you will be asked to take it to a private channel.
Disputing a Rule or Punishment
If you would like to dispute a moderator’s decision, a punishment you’ve received, or one of our rules, please contact us privately. We understand that things can get frustrating and sometimes a discussion is necessary to make sure we are doing the right thing, but we don’t want a potentially sensitive discussion to interrupt everyone else who is playing. Please help us keep things peaceful and reach out at alttd.com/appeal.