Altitude should be a place where everyone can enjoy themselves. Keep everyone in mind when you do something, and avoid behavior that would make others feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. As destructoid.com summed it up: be excellent to each other.
- Keep it civil. Potentially sensitive topics (like politics, religion, and sex) are allowed in public chats as long as there is no hateful, inflammatory, or harassing language. Remember: criticize the ideas, not people.
- Choose your (curse) words wisely. Don’t use profanity randomly for no reason, don’t use it in almost every message you send, and don't use it to be insulting, antagonizing, or inflaming.
- Don't build too close to players. The world is huge, unless you asked try and stay out of render distance of other players. There are people who want to group together and those who want to play alone, respect everybody's wishes!
Don't be a Jerk
Altitude is a community-centric server and a place for everyone to play together! We do not allow any behavior that intentionally hurts others. Never do anything to purposely be upsetting, insulting, or annoying to anyone else on our services.
- Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed.
- Respect other's builds! Please don't unnecessarily destroy the world, you can gather all the resources you want but try to do this in a clean way. Fix any unintentional damage you do.
- Never modify any player made structures without permission from the creator. Do not steal (take without permission) from anyone.
A game isn’t much fun if it’s pay-to-win. That same concept applies to cheating-to-win. The challenge of survival is what makes it fun, please don’t ruin the fun for everyone else!
- Altitude is a “PvP free” server. This means you should never kill another player unless they have agreed to battle first! Additionally, you should return all items unless an agreement otherwise is made beforehand. Never use any player traps and make mob traps obvious.
- Do not attempt to trick or scam others during item trades.
Hacks and Mods Policy
Any hack or mod that gives you an unfair advantage in the game is not allowed. Additionally, most vanilla exploits are allowed – unless they give you materials you are not supposed to have (such as duplication glitches). The only form of duplication we allow is TNT duplication. Exploiting any non-vanilla features (our plugins) is prohibited. You may use any mods that fit into the categories below.
We allow modifications in the following categories:
- Mods that improve client performance (Optifine)
- Minimaps, as long as it doesn't show anything you can't normally see (caves, dungeon locations, etc.)
- Aesthetic modifications that do not give you an unfair advantage or change gameplay (Shaders)
- Inventory management systems, such as automatic organization
- Mods for recording gameplay (ReplayMod)
- The Schematica mod (auto-build feature is prohibited)
- Armor and status HUDs (as long as info shown is accessible in vanilla)
- Macros (setting certain actions to specific buttons)
Do Not Impersonate Staff
Do not impersonate staff members or portray yourself as one when you are not. It is ok to share the rules with others, but please do not try to force others to follow them - reach out to a staff member if you need help.
Do not make "official" Altitude products or events without approval first. If you make something related to Altitude please make sure it's clear that it is not an official Altitude thing. We cannot moderate unofficial things and cannot be responsible for what happens related to them!
Reducing Lag: It is up to everyone in the community to help keep lag to a minimum. If we find something on the server that is causing a problem with lag (such as large redstone machines, animal farms or grinders) we may have to shut it down.
English Only: Please only use English in public chats. We are unable to moderate discussion in other languages and you will be asked to take it to a private channel.
Disputing a Rule or Punishment
If you would like to dispute a moderator’s decision, a punishment you’ve received, or one of our rules, please contact us privately. We understand that things can get frustrating and sometimes a discussion is necessary to make sure we are doing the right thing, but we don’t want a potentially sensitive discussion to interrupt everyone else who is playing. Please help us keep things peaceful and reach out at alttd.com/appeal.