[Cancelled] Jobs & Hiring Plugin
(05-20-2017, 05:45 AM)BraydonGames Wrote: Uodate:

I've found a new team to work on the plugin and they've said it should be done SOON!

It may be a couple of weeks before this plugin is implemented as I will want to make sure it works exactly as I envision it.

Glad to see the project underway again! Super excited! Smile
-Don't Panic
Finally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-23-2017, 04:08 AM)_Dont_Panic Wrote: Glad to see the project underway again! Super excited! Smile

(05-24-2017, 02:16 AM)hpghost04 Wrote: Finally

Well, this is difficult to say... I am cancelling this project once and for all. I've decided I want to go a different route with this server and will be removing economy altogether.

It seems sudden, but I've got reasoning behind it... maybe I'm just reminiscing, but oh well. Thats what this server is about, just having fun and having a project to work on.

The Typeform I created at has more info on this decision: https://alttd.typeform.com/to/fqQs5i
[Image: banner.gif]
(05-24-2017, 02:57 AM)BraydonGames Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 04:08 AM)_Dont_Panic Wrote: Glad to see the project underway again! Super excited! Smile

Well, this is difficult to say... I am cancelling this project once and for all. I've decided I want to go a different route with this server and will be removing economy altogether.

It seems sudden, but I've got reasoning behind it... maybe I'm just reminiscing, but oh well. Thats what this server is about, just having fun and having a project to work on.

The Typeform I created at has more info on this decision: https://alttd.typeform.com/to/fqQs5i

Initially I was pretty upset about the reset, but now I have accepted it. I agree the server has moved further away from vanilla, and from what it stands for. I hope to see new towns with more interactive communities. I also hope to see you on more! 

Would you ever reconsider your decision to not build a new origin? I always felt that it was the heart of the community.
-Don't Panic
(05-27-2017, 05:57 AM)_Dont_Panic Wrote:

Initially I was pretty upset about the reset, but now I have accepted it. I agree the server has moved further away from vanilla, and from what it stands for. I hope to see new towns with more interactive communities. I also hope to see you on more! 

Would you ever reconsider your decision to not build a new origin? I always felt that it was the heart of the community.

A lot of people want to keep Origin, but I'm not sure what it's purpose would be without the shops. It would just be a bunch of empty buildings.

If we could find a purpose for it I would consider keeping it.
(05-27-2017, 03:25 PM)BraydonGames Wrote:
(05-27-2017, 05:57 AM)_Dont_Panic Wrote:

A lot of people want to keep Origin, but I'm not sure what it's purpose would be without the shops. It would just be a bunch of empty buildings.

If we could find a purpose for it I would consider keeping it.

Fair enough, I'll try to think up some ideas.
-Don't Panic
With the economy back, would this be reconsidered? It sounds interesting if it could work as you described (posting jobs for others to complete for you).
(12-22-2017, 12:17 AM)Thorny Wrote: With the economy back, would this be reconsidered? It sounds interesting if it could work as you described (posting jobs for others to complete for you).

I don't think so. We are always looking for ways to promote player interactions and keep things interesting on the server. Our current goal is to drive as much traffic to the towns and shops as possible, so we are actually going to be dropping the auctions plugin and bringing back warps to towns. I'd like to avoid using GUI's because they allow you to buy and sell without ever interacting with each other.