100.00%
No.
0%
4 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Donator Login Colour?
Lightbulb 
Hey!  

I believe a login colour for donators, as well as mods, would be a interesting and good change to the server.

Big Grin  - It will make notice of more players  logging in, then just mods. And that will makes the servers more friendly.

Cool  - It will also give a more satisfying login, and will attract more players to donate to the server.

Blush  - It will also show that the Staff of the server has care for its donators, and give them some extra credit.

Picking the colour Purple for the servers donator login might be the best option, since its a donator colour, its unisex and passive.
And its not screaming out, and will not annoy anyone.
Then to have a regular grey colour when logging out from the server.
And since the green colour is put on the mods.

Idea  Only have the colour of login appear when a person has been away for a hour or more, before it is shown as a login, (This might not be something that is possible to download as a program, but.. i believe that it should not be hard to make a mod like it.)

Exclamation  Then it will not notice when people login and out to fix ghost-blocks, ping, and so on. Something that is happening very often ingame.
And can in most times be somewhat annoying to our players.

(This should not be discussed in this tread: I would change it to mods with a orange login colour, since its more close to red, but not screaming, and green to patrons login, since they deserve even greater credits.)

Thank you for reading.  Smile
We choose our colors for stuff very carefully to make sure the messages in chat are easy to understand. Right now you know that green means join, red means leave. (Gray is an action by another player that isn't important, yellow is voting, purple is donating, etc).

Having multiple colors for the join messages would make it inconsistent and more difficult to recognize when someone is joining/leaving. It would also clash with the color schemes we've set up so far and would force you to actually read each message to determine what it's contents are.

My goal is to keep things intuitive, so you can recognize what a message will contain before you even read it.
[Image: banner.gif]
(12-05-2018, 02:59 PM)8bitx Wrote: We choose our colors for stuff very carefully to make sure the messages in chat are easy to understand. Right now you know that green means join, red means leave. (Gray is an action by another player that isn't important, yellow is voting, purple is donating, etc).

Having multiple colors for the join messages would make it inconsistent and more difficult to recognize when someone is joining/leaving. It would also clash with the color schemes we've set up so far and would force you to actually read each message to determine what it's contents are.

My goal is to keep things intuitive, so you can recognize what a message will contain before you even read it.

"Having multiple colors" its just 2 colours. (green and purple)

"purple is donating" everything happening to altitude should be blue sine thats the colour of the logo and the web page.
And then you have a free colour.

If we should follow what you say; the moderators green login should be removed or given to all players.

Since:
"My goal is to keep things intuitive, so you can recognize what a message will contain before you even read it."

Now most members log in with a grey login.

But that also mean that the grey login is to show people as; "isn't important", and thats sad.

We are after a friendly environment?
(12-06-2018, 02:39 PM)93o Wrote: the moderators green login should be removed or given to all players.

. . .

Now most members log in with a grey login.

But that also mean that the grey login is to show people as; "isn't important", and thats sad.

We are after a friendly environment?

The login messages are not based on a player's rank. What you are seeing is the difference between (A) using a server's IP to log into the server directly and (B) switching from one server to another within the network. When you join a server directly using the IP your message is green. When you switch from one server to another we decided to make the message gray so that it doesn't spam the chat quite as much.

The reason you see staff messages as green more often is only because they use the servers' IPs to join directly and other players don't - they join lobby first and then switch to the server they want to play on.
[Image: banner.gif]