Leaving the server
It is with great regret that myself and my partner cypher will be leaving the server.
For the most part we enjoyed our time on here and the staff were very friendly and helpful. However we have also witnessed a lot of arguing, nasty comments and insults flying about among players, not to mention one player insulting my partner. (already mentioned it to staff.)

We wish all staff the best of luck with the server.
Sorry to hear you go, wishing you luck!
I generally feel that I keep a good eye on the community as well as my team's decisions on how to handle situations that come up, and I feel that you are exaggerating the extent of the issue. Keep in mind that Altitude is intended to be a mature, adult-oriented server, so we don't limit chat as much as other servers might. Of course we do have occasional members who are toxic - that is bound to happen on any large public server - but I am confident that my team is capable of managing the toxicity within the community.

I witnessed the specific instance where your partner was "insulted" and I recall that the member who made the comment you are referring to is known to take jabs at others and conduct light-hearted banter. I'm almost certain it was not intended to be insulting. If it was, and continued to happen, we would have stepped in.

I'm sorry that you two feel like you've been insulted or targeted within the community, but I do not think your claims are justified. Negativity within the community is minimal and when it does occur our team generally handles it appropriately. Regardless, I wish you luck on finding a server that fits your needs.
[Image: banner.gif]
Feel free to delete my account. Not sure how to do it myself
(11-06-2018, 04:26 PM)8bitx Wrote: I generally feel that I keep a good eye on the community as well as my team's decisions on how to handle situations that come up, and I feel that you are exaggerating the extent of the issue. Keep in mind that Altitude is intended to be a mature, adult-oriented server, so we don't limit chat as much as other servers might. Of course we do have occasional members who are toxic - that is bound to happen on any large public server - but I am confident that my team is capable of managing the toxicity within the community.

I witnessed the specific instance where your partner was "insulted" and I recall that the member who made the comment you are referring to is known to take jabs at others and conduct light-hearted banter. I'm almost certain it was not intended to be insulting. If it was, and continued to happen, we would have stepped in.

I'm sorry that you two feel like you've been insulted or targeted within the community, but I do not think your claims are justified. Negativity within the community is minimal and when it does occur our team generally handles it appropriately. Regardless, I wish you luck on finding a server that fits your needs.
I wouldn’t say that calling someone else narcissistic should be classed as “light hearted banter”... especially as I escaped a narcissistic family. Such should’ve been dealt with on the spot, not “let’s see if they do it again...” - must be a new trend i’m unaware of.

Also of note is that the staff can only catch what they see, and summit doesn’t often see staff present unless someone raises an issue. Staff seem to be more preoccupied with apex than summit. So yeah, we generally do feel insulted and targeted by a select few that should’ve been moderated on the spot.
(11-07-2018, 12:37 PM)Cypher Wrote: I wouldn’t say that calling someone else narcissistic should be classed as “light hearted banter”... especially as I escaped a narcissistic family.  Such should’ve been dealt with on the spot, not “let’s see if they do it again...” - must be a new trend i’m unaware of.

Also of note is that the staff can only catch what they see, and summit doesn’t often see staff present unless someone raises an issue.  Staff seem to be more preoccupied with apex than summit.  So yeah, we generally do feel insulted and targeted by a select few that should’ve been moderated on the spot.

Like I said, we try not to micro-manage chat as we believe that a mature community should be able to manage itself the majority of the time. I am strong believer in the freedom of speech and I'm not going to slap someone's wrist for a single comment. We are here to prevent things from getting out of hand (such as unhealthy debates, hate speech, or intentionally antagonizing others), NOT put every word someone utters through a strict filter.

If there is a staffing issue on Summit I will certainly get this resolved. I haven't noticed any issues while visiting, however I obviously can't see everything every second of the day - and this is the first time this issue has been reported. I will look into it immediately.
[Image: banner.gif]